Thursday, November 6, 2008

What a Surprise

Well, the election is over and disappointed as we may be, God is still on the throne. Tom and I have been traveling some over the past week, therefore there has been no news reported from our corner of Thailand. We flew up to Chiang Mai to get visa work taken care of and were able to meet with some translators who are working for us on several projects that are in the works right now. We were able to have one wonderful meal at "The Duke's," our favorite restaurant in Chiang Mai, have lunch with some new missionary friends, and then meet a young first term missionary at Starbucks for coffee. Does everything in the world always around food? Yep!! Might as well not fight it. We were able to go to the printshop that is printing the "Good and Evil" book in Chinese and see it in stages of completion. This printing facility is so clean it's scary. I have never seen a print shop this clean. It looks almost like a fake showroom. However, stuff was rolling off the presses. Wow, somebody pinch me, I must be dreaming.

Another reason for the long delay in writing is the fact that the night Carolyn arrived, a week ago, I got deathly ill in the middle of the night. I had chills, fever, diarrhea, and hurling, dry heaves. It was a very long night, and the next day I didn't get up at all. When I finally got things under control long enough to sleep, I slept for approximately 28 hours. I missed a whole day in there and that was confusing for the rest of the week. Nobody else got sick, so I really don't know what caused it, but I do know that already being overly tired didn't help matters any. If I ever learn that I am not 25 any more, that should help. I usually don't remember that until it is too late, however. That is the way it usually happens to both Tom and I. We both go full bore until we hit a brick wall, are knocked unconscious for a few days and then wake up vowing to do better, which we never do. Good grief. people are so dumb. Us included.

Moral of the story? Take a break before you hit the wall. God really doesn't need your help as much as you think He does.

No comments: