Friday, October 17, 2008

The "just life" stuff

Tom and Jeff went up country till Tuesday, with all the men from Lehigh Valley BC, leaving all the women here to fend for ourselves. Yesterday evening all the ladies and the two straggler survey trip guys, Adam and Ryan, who were leaving the country last night, and Nicorn, and Steve Savageau from Jeff's church, all had a potluck together. Theresa cooked beans for two days and they were still hard, but fortunately we had a lot of left-over salad makings from the night before. I made chicken and rice and Pookie cooked meat balls. Theresa made the most delectable and delicious ice-cream cake, that would put the Dairy Queen ones to shame. Everything must have tasted OK because there was not one piece of lettuce, one grain of rice or one meatball left. It was like a flock of vultures had made a sweep. This leaves me with no leftovers for supper tonight and I think I am out of popcorn. Good grief, what will I eat? I think one of the guys brought pretzels. Yeah, that'll work.

No comments: